Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Engagement Anniversary and Valentine's!

Audrey and Alaina,
It was five years ago this Valentine's that Daddy proposed to Mommy, February 14, 2005.
It was a very special night for Mommy and Daddy.
Daddy surprised Mommy and took me to a wonderful Italian restaurant in downtown Providence, Rhode Island. We followed dinner with dessert at a very romantic cafe. After dinner, we returned to Mommy's apartment in Cambridge. On the way up to my apartment Daddy sent me back to the car where he had left something. He was very sneaky. When I got back to the apartment he had some beautiful flowers. He read me a letter and then proposed to me. It was perfect. And the ring that he gave me that night was a surprise too. It was my Mom's and was very special to me. I had always wanted her ring, but never knew that Daddy was conspiring with my family so that he could give me this ring. It was very special.
These are our engagement pictures taken that night.





Happy Valentine's Day to our girls! We hope you always know how much Mommy and Daddy love each other!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ahh..this brings back so many memories!! I LOVED your apartment in Cambride. It was small, but lovely. I love your engagement story! I remember our conversations leading up to Valentine's Day that year. :) God has certainly blessed you both! Love you!