Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Fun at Our House

Spring has sprung at the Douglas house.
We have been very busy outside.
When we moved in last year (yes, it's been a year now!) we worked so hard renovating the inside and didn't get to the outside too much. This is the year to work on the outside.
I have been planting planting planting.
All of our beds are full of beautiful perennials now (some yet to pop up...but they will.)
And as of this week I put in my vegetables and pots of annuals.
Here is the front walk.

This bed on the right will be full of knockout roses eventually. We have 3 as of now. And I have some new iron pieces in there that I love. I also planted a Carolina Jasmine on the nearest end there. I will put a trellis there behind it. And some of the pots are seeded so I'll take another pic when they are in bloom.
We are also working on our grass and will lay some here on the left soon.

The girls have been spending a lot of time outside playing lately.
One day I was sitting inside watching them out the window and suddenly Alaina was up in the top of the fort! She is such a little dare devil. She crawls up the ladder and goes down the slide by herself. We can't keep her out of it.
Little stinker.







Laina slides down by herself and just flies off the bottom of the slide. Then back up to do it again.


Audrey does it all of course.
And now...our dear friends John, Kelli and Quinn have just moved from Boston to Ft. Worth ...right down the street from us!
Here are Quinn, Laina and Audrey playing together.
(Many days like this to come I am sure!)

And some popsicles from the Ice Cream Man to end the evening of fun...
This is Quinn's first popsicle.
I think he liked it.
Laina would NOT let Mommy hold her popsicle.
She basically will not let Mommy feed her anything anymore.
It makes for a messy girl...but a happy one.
Audrey LOVES when the Ice Cream Man comes around.


Happy Spring days for us.

Today we are on our way to the Dallas Arboretum with Gia and Bapa. More pictures to come I am sure.

1 comment:

sandra said...

I know you will enjoy working in your yard this summer!