Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now

Last night I slept in my big girl bed for the very first time! Mommy and Daddy say that I did better than they ever imagined I would do. They laid down with me and prayed with me, read me some books and mommy sang to me. I kept sitting up and looking around just to make sure where I was. And when mommy got up out of my bed I patted the bed next to me for her to lay back down. When they left me I cried for a couple of minutes and then I was fine. And in the night I cried out a couple of times, but I went right back to sleep by myself.
And this morning I woke up at 7:30 singing like I always do. Then I called for Mommy. She came in my big girl room and I asked her to lay down with me in my big girl bed. I was not ready to get up yet (and of course I wanted Nettie up in my bed too).
I was so excited that I was sleeping right next to my books. I kept asking Mommy to read me a book.
Aren't I a big girl?
(I think it made Mommy a little sad that I was not in my crib anymore, but we sure do need to make room for my little sissy. She'll be here soon!)
Anyway, I did such a good job that we celebrated with blueberry pancakes this morning and I even got to use the special "Celebrate" plate. Wow!

Then we got dressed and went for a drive. It is such a beautiful day today. We went to look at the river.




A rare picture of Mommy pregnant.
Daddy was throwing a stick for Nettie so I found my own stick that I was very proud of.

What a fun day. And now I am back at home in my big girl bed for a nap. Mommy was really thinking I would not want to nap in my bed, but I showed her. I laid down and went right to sleep. Don't you think I'm ready to be a big sister?
Alright. I better go. Tonight is Halloween and I need to get my rest before I go trick or treating.

4 comments:

Amy said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad that she has transitioned so well. What a blessing. By the way, you look great Amy! I know you might not feel it, but you look terrific!

Amy said...

Oh yeah, and for a minute I thought that last picture was Audrey holding a snake. I thought, "Oh no! Amy's training her early to do strange things with reptiles!" :)

Portia said...

Great job Audrey! You're such a big girl! You're going to be such a great big sister... very soon!

And Amy you look awesome.

I can't wait to meet that little baby!

the monkeys' mama said...

i'm so impressed! can you write a "how to switch to a big girl bed" post? we're thinking about switching C out 8 weeks before #2 comes...