Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Prayer

Today I came upon a prayer written by St. Patrick....
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
...
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

In my Bible study today we were talking about how Jesus is so Faithful. He only does that which His Father commands, 0nly that which He sees His Father doing. We were questioning how we could follow Christ's example and only do that which is from God.
Is that even remotely possible in our lives?
This prayer is a great picture of that kind of faithfulness and devotion. The only way that I can live a life of obedience is through Christ in me, abiding in Christ.
It's only through
"Christ in me, the hope of glory."

No comments: