Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Few Firsts...

Audrey had a few "firsts" yesterday. #1. We went to a children's music class together and Audrey LOVED it! We sat in a big circle on a carpet with about 8 other kids and their moms and we sang and tapped rhythm, danced a jewish dance, played instruments. Audrey was so precious. She was the youngest in the room by a couple of months and all of the other kids were regulars. Audrey just sat in my lap and watched everyone so closely as we sang and did motions. She just smiled and watched. And when we got out the musical instruments she crawled to the middle of the circle and picked up 2 shakers and just shook and shook to the music. It was so neat! I am really considering enrolling in a 10 wk. class. It's just rediculously expenive (I think.) We're considering it though. It seems like all of the other kids are in class after class. I'm not sure we'll be doing that, but at least one class may be well worth it. I think Audrey may just be able to sing like her mama and dance like her daddy. :)
The next "first" wasn't quite as exciting for mama. I was cooking dinner and had her in the kitchen playing on the floor with some spoons. I turned around for a minute at the sink and when I looked back she was at Nettie's food bowl. Recently she has taken an interest in this and I have swatted her hand a bit away from the water bowl. But not today. Today she had her hands full of dog food. And not just her hands. I looked at her face and her mouth was FULL of dog food (the dry stuff at least.) I dug it all out of her mouth and she cried and cried. Poor baby. She got a big drink of water after that. I guess it was inevitable. Oh the joys.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Cool dog food story!! Joshua has enjoyed the gourmet experience as well and he continues on strong and healthy!! Too funny!! The music class sounds cool, I would do it! We would like Joshua to do some gymnastics or something, maybe in the Fall! Love and miss you friend!