Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicken Noodle Casserole

Tonight I tried a new casserole from my healthy living magazine. Good recipe (I altered it a bit):
5 c uncooked egg noodles
1 1/2 - 2 c mixed frozen veggies
4 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
1 can (14 oz. or so) cream style corn
1 can reduced fat reduced sodium cream of chic soup ( I used cream of mushroom because I accidentally bought it instead.)
2 1/2 c shredded colby monterey jack cheese (reduced fat)
1/4 c onion chopped
1/4 c green pepper chopped (I left this out)
1/4 c red pepper chopped
cream or a bit of milk
pepper
seasoned salt
garlic powder

1. in large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions, adding frozen veggies in last 5 min. Drain
2. stir in chicken, corn, soup, 1 c. cheese, onion, peppers and seasoning. I added a bit of cream because it looked like it would be dry to me. Glad I did. maybe 1/4 - 1/3 cup cream.
3. transfer to sprayed 13 X 9 baking dish. cover and bake at 350 for 30 min. sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

This was really good with a salad. Will definitely make again. :)

No comments: