Monday, August 10, 2009

Really Yummy Chicken Burgers

So tonight's new recipe was really really good.
I have never cooked with ground chicken before. I didn't really even know you could get it that way. I asked the butcher about it and it was out near the ground beef, packaged much the same.
And it was a good price.

Chicken Taco Burgers
Mix together:
1 egg beaten
1/4 c chopped onion ( i used red onion)
2 T taco seasoning (I used chicken taco seasoning)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 t pepper
add in 1 lb. ground chicken and mix well
make into 4 patties

grill, covered over med.heat for 4-6 min. on each side (I overcooked mine a bit I think)

I put some pepperjack cheese on top and melted on the grill.
sliced fresh red pepper and lettuce as condiments.
I put a bit of butter and garlic on the buns and toasted. Really really good.
Troy said it would be good with some kind of chipotle mayo or sun dried tomato mayo. I bet pesto would be good.

Then for side dishes I Grilled Avocado and some Pineapple.
For the Grilled Avocado, I cut it in half, sprayed with olive oil and lime juice on the inside face. sprinkled with salt and garlic. Grill face down for a few min. Then turn over and grill on back side for a few min. While backside grills add some cooked black beans (drained) into the center of face up side, cover with a bit of cheese until melted. Then you're done. This was good.

And we just threw the Pineapple on there. That was Troy's addition to the meal and it turned out to be a nice side.

This was GOOD STUFF! You should definitely try it. I will cook with ground chicken alot more now. If you make it, let me know what you think.
a

1 comment:

Laura said...

this sounds so good! i'm going to try it next week....i'm not a great cook though, but i love trying! : )