Friday, August 7, 2009

Tonight's Recipes

The keeper for tonight was these cute little sour cream cheese puffs. I made chicken tortellini too which, after I thought about it, wasn't worth posting. But the cheese puffs, like the parmesan knots from the other night, would make great little party treats.
1 pkg. cream cheese softened
1 c sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 c. fintely chopped sweet red pepper
2 tsp. lemon juice (I didn't put this)
3/4 t dipp weed (I used some fresh rosemary instead)
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t garlic powder (I added this. it sounded good with the rosemary, but might not work with the dill.)
2 tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits.
(I cut the whole recipe down and just used 1 can of 5 bisc. for our dinner.)

in small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, red pepper, onion, lemon juice, dill (or rosemary and garlic) and pepper until blended.

cut each bisc. in half horizontally, press into greased mini muffin cups. place rounded spoons full of cream mix into each cup.
back at 375 for 14 - 16 min. Serve warm.

These were yummy. I think for a party you could add some of those baby little shrimp to the cream mix and that would be GOOD!

fun times!

No comments: