Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pregnant brain...or as some say...Placenta brain...

So, today I went to breakfast with my friend Aileen. Sound Bites is my favorite breakfast place around here. They have a serve yourself coffee bar that I love.
Well, today as Aileen and I went up to the bar to fix our coffee something really strange happened. As is my coffee custom (and really the best way to fix your coffee) I put my cream and splenda in first and then the coffee so as not to have to stir. The cream at Sound Bites is in one of those big pumps. So I pumped once and looked down and my entire cup was FILLED with cream. FILLED. Aileen and I both looked at it and had no idea what could have happened. Did the pump break? Or even crazier, the unreasonable thought went through my head that there was some sort of bubble in the cup and it made it fill at the top. So I went to pour some out and realized...
I had my cup upside down and had pumped the cream into the wrong end of the cup!
Now THAT'S pregnancy brain!

3 comments:

Portia said...

I laughed out loud for several minutes. LOVE this story. You must have been just rolling! :)

Marianne said...

That is awesome!!! It is most definitely time for Audrey to get out of there and let you have your brain back!! Love it!

BecMama said...

We're rolling off the couch A!! This is about the same time in my pregnancy that I had the grocery store incident. You are very close to meeting your precious girl! Love you lots!