Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Summer reading




So, I love to read fiction, especially in the summer. It's a great alternative to watching t.v., great for the beach, great for camping, nice for resting when you have a napping baby. I'm always on the lookout for great fiction. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
And I have a suggestion for you if you are looking for some good summer reading.
When I was in college and doing my student teaching I was working in a middle school reading class. As my students were reading, I read a youth fiction book that I LOVED. I have been looking for more books by the same author ever since, with no luck. However, yesterday Troy and I went to Border Book Store to hang out (which Audrey didn't appreciate) and I found 2 "companion books" to the one I read previously. I started the 2nd book last night and it definitely lives up to my expectations from this author. It's really interesting.
So, here you go:

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry
2. Gathering Blue
3. Messenger

You can buy them as a set on amazon. The library will definitely have
The Giver (it's a Newbury Award Winner) and it will probably have the other 2.
They are worth buying and passing around to friends.
They will be found in the youth fiction area.

You should definitely try them out and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Portia said...

I LOVE The Giver. I read it in middle school and have read it many times since then. I actually have a signed copy! I'm so glad to hear that there are more Lowry books out there!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.