Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family

One of the reasons that we were so happy to move to Austin was to be closer to family. I have realized recently that it has been 10 years since I lived in Texas. That means, essentially, 10 years of missing lots of good family stuff. So, we are really looking forward to birthdays, watching cheerleaders, volleyball players, Thanksgiving, going to the State Fair with family and such.

This past weekend was one such event. My family celebrated Dad's 65th birthday with a surprise family party. I went home a day before Troy and helped mom cook (I made the best cake I have ever made I think...butter pecan...yummy!) I also got my hair cut and colored. Then Troy came on Friday, the party was Saturday, Troy played golf with his friend, Sonny, on Saturday and we went to dinner Sonny, his wife Jennifer, and their new precious baby girl after that.

It was a nice weekend with family. Something I am looking forward to way more of.

Here are pics...
Audrey with her Aunt Sarah















Uncle Eddie put her to sleep


















She loves her Grandpa!





Audrey got a new "big girl" toy and she LOVES it!



















Just a few more pictures to show you how big Audrey is getting. She wants to sit up all the time, she is talking like crazy, and almost rolling over...it could be any day.





















And finally, the new hair. It is so much cooler in this heat (and easy to do). Kelli asked for pics, so here you go. (keep in mind that I have been home all day and am not in any way fixed up)
Here is front and back...



















And with Audrey...showing off her bald spot in the back. :)





4 comments:

Karin said...

Hi! Anne and Kelly are here and we just got finished googling over how cute Audrey is! You and Kelly just got the same haircut! How funny! I'm glad you are spending time with your family, but you are missed here in Boston!

Kim for the Kings said...

Adorable! :)

Portia said...

Oh my goodness she is so big!! Wow. Crazy. I can't wait to see her!!

And your hair is awesome!

kel said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks so good. Thanks for putting up pictures :)